What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via this website may include:
1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, email address, telephone number etc.
2) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website.
3) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
4) Session information stored in cookies, these do not include any personal information and are used to ensure the correct data is extracted from the database when using our interactive systems.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
1) We may in certain cases use your email address to send you information on our products and services. In such cases you will be offered the option to opt out of receiving future marketing emails.
2) We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us. Rest assured that third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
1) You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by simply emailing us or writing to us using the details on the contact page.
2) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Accepting or rejecting cookies
You can accept or reject some or all cookies (for example, blocking all third party cookies) by adjusting your browser settings.
Some browsers, such as Chrome and Firefox, allow you to change your settings to browse in
‘incognito’ mode, limiting the amount of data placed on your machine and automatically deleting
any persistent cookies placed on your device when you finish your browsing session. There are also
many third party applications which you can add to your browser to block or manage cookies.
To clear cookies that have previously been placed on your browser, you should select the option to
clear your browsing history and ensure that the option to delete or clear cookies is included when
you do so.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our web analytics service, Google Analytics, collects information such as your location (based on your IP address) and your behaviour (based on cookies) when you access our website (such as the pages you visit and what you click on). We will only process information from cookies if you have consented to us setting cookies on your computer in accordance with our cookies policy. Information collected about you, once collected is anonymised and stored on an aggregate basis.